Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 2, 2012

From Books To Films

Reading books always fascinates me, it always do till now. I have been reading since grade school, mostly tagalog books. And now, I'm very fond of reading english novels. Reading novels not only makes your imagination and creativity wider, it also makes your vocabulary more elevated. And due to our modernity, we most likely go on a higher level such as making books into films! So, here are the two novel I have recently finished reading and of course watching.

"Atonement"

Before commenting on the story it self, first we most know the definition of the title - Atonement, to seek forgiveness and/or amend to a particular wrong doing or inflict of pain. Now, your wondering why the title is like that. Let see, the story tells about a young english girl, name Broiny who has the talent of writing. This girl tend to confused reality. Due to her immaturity and misunderstanding, she ruined the relationship between her sister Cecilia and Robbie, who are both harboring deep affection. 

At first, I'm strongly sure this novel would have a happy ending on it, a beautiful end to a tragic start. However as the story goes, it exceeded my expectation into astonishment. It was a tale tell of Broiny, that give me goose bumped! They both die in this story, and I shade tears, soiling my good handkerchief. And when I found out that there would be a movie, I promptly watched the film! It was wonderful, the actors and actresses portraying them act smoothly between characters. The chemistry and the excitement is there! All in all, it was a watchful film.

"The Lovely Bones" 


Here is the second novel and film that I finished. The lovely bones is a story of life, death and family, there are more emotion in this moving film. One of my favorite lines, is where Susie finally enters Heaven, telling the audience: "My name is Salmon, like the fish; first name Susie. I was 14 years old when I was murdered on December 6, 1973. I was here for a moment and then I was gone. I wish you all a long and happy life." It gives me a chill and it makes me cry all the way through. I was very furious on the slow investigation of the inspector. However, I can not blame him, they just don't have enough evidence to prove it. And there, where Lindsey, Susie's sister go. The excitement, the suspense, it was there, the very present. I was very glad that Lindsey finally get the evidence, but the criminal sudden flee. But justice always prevailed and the killer get what he deserve for. He died in the end. So there you have it, a very well made film and good story plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey~*
I'll be waiting for your comment.
Thanks guys:]