Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

◘•Learning Feed Back•◘


When I stare at my medical books, I suddenly remember of the time when I have my R.LE duty in City Health Office. It was a wonderful experience for me and I gain a lot of new knowledge, I learned the different meaning and uses of Therapeutic Communication Technique such as giving information by making available fact that the client needs, giving recognition by greeting the client in their own name, showing acceptance to indicates that the health worker has heard and is following the communication trend, offering one self, making observation that may help us understand the client and many more. I also experience on how to take the apical pulse of a baby, isn’t that great? The experience I mean, by the way apical pulse in the heartbeat of the apex of the heart and is heard with the use of stethoscope. Well anyway, let me tell you about what happen at that time, it was my second week of R.L.E duty in City Health Office, under the supervision of our clinical instructor Mrs. Leonida Cabrera, a registered nurse. Every day is consultation day in C.H.O, our clinical instructor instructed us to do our responsibility in getting the vital sign like taking the temperature, the pulse rate and the respiration of the client as well as the blood pressure. We were also given the chance to observe the different facilities in health center and to interview a client using therapeutic communication technique. I also determine the use and meaning of each technique, then after that, I record the important information regarding the client, and submitted it to my instructor. Mrs. Leonida Cabrera, our instructor was a gentle and kind teacher, she teaches us new thing on how to communicate with people properly. I was lucky to be her student and guess what, she even give me a higher grade in my performance (n_n). In our second week of duty, we did not go to City Health Office; instead we stayed in school to have our mass for the celebration of nursing day. There are a lot of nursing student from other school attended the mass and after the mass we nursing student assemble outside the school ground in preparation of the parade. It was the most memorable experience I ever had and I had fun in making new friend and all. I hope next time will also be a memorable moment**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey~*
I'll be waiting for your comment.
Thanks guys:]